Saturday, July 2, 2011

Feeling crafty today

A few weeks ago I converted a wedding dress into a graduation dress for a friend's daughter. When my friend let me have the leftover fabric, I told her I wanted to make a baby dress with it. A few days ago I found a wonderful blog--Made by Rae--written by a crafty mom and the pattern, and here is the dress! I want to donate it to a charity organization, hoping it goes to a needy mom.  BTW, I used a quarter inch seam allowance.  Here is a link to the free pattern: http://www.made-by-rae.com/2008/04/free-itty-bitty-baby-dress-pattern.html





I photographed the dress against the piano in order to provide an idea of how tiny it is. The dress is meant for a newborn or a small 1 month old, a preemie maybe?.  My daughter doesn't want me to give the dress away--she wants it for her Bitty Baby doll.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment